Lange Nacht des wissenschaftlichen Arbeitens
The 4th Lange Nacht will be supporting your writing of theses or papers. Please be aware for hygiene regulations. A mouth-nose-cover must be worn during all presentations, workshops, and individual consultations.
When: Thursday, October 22nd, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. The Library will be closed at 5 p.m. and will be reopened at 6 p.m. only for Lange Nacht.
Where: University Library (Building 30)
Formats: Short lectures, workshops, individual consultations
Topics and rooms
- Information, check-in/out, feedback: Foyer
- Open IT consultation, exhibition literature for writing scientific papers or theses: atrium (ground floor)
- Writing consultation - ways to write a scientific work: conference room (foyer)
- Planning scientific papers or theses, scientific writing: in the reading room (1st floor)
- Professional literature research for beginners and experts: Room 212 (2nd floor)
- Reference managers (Citavi, LaTeX) and formatting with MS Word and PowerPoint: Room 314 (3rd floor)
- Individual consultations: desks on ground and 1st floor, atrium (ground floor)
Individual consultations: parallel to presentations and workshops, individual consultations may be taken for topics such as:
- scientific writing
- professional literature research (finding eBooks, eJournals, ePaper)
- Writing blockades
- Everything you always wanted to know about UB-IT (but were afraid to ask)
Experts are from several faculties, Studentenwerk Magdeburg and University Library, including the Medizinische Zentralbibliothek.
Event programe: PDF version with English presentations
Registration: Registration for all lectures, workshops and consultations is mandatory for this Lange Nacht. As soon as the programme has been published, registration via Moodle is possible and necessary here (login with URZ account). Registration deadline: October 21st.
Special hygiene rules:
- Check-in/out: Please use your student card or library card. If you have not done so go for the library to start your library membership.
- Please disinfect your hands!
- Registration for all lectures, workshops (see above)
- Wearing a mouth-nose-cover
- limited number of participants
- Ventilation breaks, lectures with open windows