The UB offers its users 57 individual work rooms (Carrels), 3 group work rooms as well as one media carrel. In these rooms network connections are available which can be used for internet access of notebooks or similar. The use of all workrooms is free of charge. However, a valid membership in the Magdeburg University Library is required.
For the workrooms, additional rules (German only) apply.
Individual Work Rooms
You can register for and use a carrel for one or several weeks as well as for one day.
- are located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors
- can be used for one to four weeks (with respect to our opening hours)
- can be requested by using the web form
- the keys are handed out on the 1st floor in room 120 (report to the information desk)
- reservation and use of carrels is only possible for the preparation of a written scientific paper or thesis (cf. the additional rules). For students of medicine (FME), the carrels are only available for writing the second state exam.
Please note that the demand is often greater than the supply and take advantage of the possibility of a long-time reservation.
- are located on the 1st and 3rd floors
- cannot be reserved
- keys are handed out from 8 a.m. at the information desks in the 1st and 2nd floors
You can reach our carrel service for inquiries by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: reservations by e-mail are not possible.
Group Study Rooms
The group study rooms are located on the 1st and 2nd floors and are available for learning groups, seminars or tutorials (min. 3 persons). Use is limited to a maximum of 4 hours per day. The reservation of the rooms and the handing out of the keys are performed at the information desks on the 1st and 2nd floor.
In our group study rooms SmartBoards are available for use to which you may connect your external devices. Cases with cables and other equipment can be borrowed at the information counters. You will find drivers for Windows, Debian, Ubuntu precise, Ubuntu trusty and Mac by using the respective links.
With the Media Carrel, the UB offers all users the possibility to use special forms of publications such as DVDs, CDs/CD-ROMs, cassettes and 3.5" disks from the UB's stock in the house. A workstation with the necessary technical equipment is available for this purpose.
The media carrel as room 316 is located on the 3rd floor of the UB. The use is possible from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10.00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Requirement is a valid membership in the UB.
If you have any questions regarding the use of the media carrel (registration, reservation etc.) please contact the information desk on the 2.5th floor (at the end of the long staircase).