Important information regarding COVID-19 pandemic at the OvGU and the University Library
The OVGU in general has compiled the following important information for you and ask you to observe the service instructions and to inform yourself there regularly about changes.
University Library reopens!
After being closed to the general public due to the pandemic situation (COVID-19), the University Library has reopened its doors on May 5th under compliance with the prescribed hygiene measures. Please note the following information:
- Reduced opening hours between 10:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- For the time being, the area can be used by a maximum of 100 users, if an appointment has been booked (information and booking here).
- To gain entry, you must present a COVID-19 test result that is current for the day, written, and negative. We recommend using the Corona testing center on campus (more information and appointment booking here), but proof from other rapid testing centers will also be accepted.
- In order to allow for contact tracing, entering and leaving the building will be recorded electronically by means of the user card/ID. These data are deleted four weeks after your visit.
- Even if you only want to leave the library building for a short period of time (breaks), you must scan yourself with the user card. Please take your complete documents with you. Afterwards you can only scan yourself again if you observe the personal limits.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly after entering the library building.
- Please observe the relevant distance regulations (at least 1.5 meters) and the distance markings on the lending and information counters.
- It is compulsory to wear an FFP2 mouth and nose mask in the library building (also on your working place). All workstations (with chairs) and carrels can be used freely, subject to the distance regulations.
- Please use your own hardware (laptop, tablet). Keyboard and mouse of the UB-computers can be cleaned before use (disinfectants and cloths are available at the counters).
- Lending and return of print media is possible at the lending desk. Between 08:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., also contact-free lending/returning is possible (further information here)
- 3 self-check-out machines on the ground floor can be used for contactless borrowing.
- Copy machines can be used in the copy rooms on the individual floors. Please enter individually!
- Inter-library loan is possible
- Reminders: All reminder fees that would have been due from Dec 18 2020 to May 4th 2021 have been deactivated. They will be reactivated on May 31st 2021. Please settle any outstanding charges by then. Please direct any queries regarding this to email@example.com
- In addition to the regular services, the existing contactless services Digital Campus Delivery Service, Digital Semester Apparatus and Digital Campus Standards Delivery Service CaNoLi as well as e-book orders will of course continue to be offered (more information here).
- The University Library adapts its on-site service according to the current regulations in a timely and demand-oriented manner.
Contact-free lending and returning after appointment is possible, please place your order online via OPAC. We will contact you via email to agree on an appointment for pickup. Please note the following information:
- After your orders have been processed, we will contact you by mail to arrange an individual pick-up date (Mon - Fri from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.).
- The handover will take place contactless at the main entrance of the university library. Please bring your user card with you.
- We will do our best to provide your orders as soon as possible.
Existing loans can be renewed up to 7 times. Media can also be returned after getting an appointment from the circulation desk.
Returns can be made between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. (no lending after 10:30!) Please contact the circulation desk for agreeing on an appointment (+49 391 67-52925, firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us). You can contact us also in case you have any problems or questions.
The University Library points out its digital services to support students, lecturers, and researchers of the OVGU. These services include:
Digital Campus Delivery Service (for students, lecturers, and researchers of the OVGU): the library scans articles of journals or anthologies from the library's holdings in accordance with copyright law and makes them available digitally. Read more.
Digital Semester Apparatus (for OVGU lecturers and students): the library scans articles from journals, anthologies or small parts of monographs from the library's holdings in accordance with copyright law and makes them available in digital form on the e-learning platform to be used in lectures, seminars, and courses in general. Read more.
eBook request: If a book is urgently needed that is available as an eBook in bookstores, the library will try to acquire it as an eBook. Please use our web form or make an informal purchase suggestion directly to the subject librarian responsible for the respective subject (find your contact person).
Digital Campus Standards Delivery Service CaNoLi and Patent Information Center (for OVGU - members): Standards, guidelines, technical rules and TGL standards can be ordered via this service. The Patent Information Center and the Standards Info Point can still be reached by telephone (0391 67-52979) or e-mail: email@example.com . Read more.
Regarding the specific questions related to the University Library, we provide answers to frequently asked questions here: