After being closed to the general public due to the pandemic situation (COVID-19), the University Library is reopening its doors on May 4th under compliance with the prescribed hygiene measures. Please note the following information:
- Reduced opening hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00.
- For the time being, the area can be used by a maximum of 200 users simultaneously.
- In order not to exceed the limited number of persons, entering and leaving the building will be recorded electronically by means of the user card/ID. In addition, a possible chain of infection can be traced via this registration system. In this case we are obliged to provide information to the public health department if necessary. The recorded data will be deleted after 4 weeks.
- Even if you only want to leave the library building for a short period of time (breaks), you must scan yourself with the user card. Please take your complete documents with you. Afterwards you can only scan yourself again if you observe the personal limits.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly after entering the library building.
- Please observe the relevant distance regulations (at least 1.5 meters) and the distance markings on the lending and information counters.
- It is compulsory to wear a mouth and nose mask on the way to and from your workplace in the library building. All workstations (with chairs) and carrels can be used freely, subject to the distance regulations.
- Access to group work rooms (usable for 3-6 persons depending on size) is only possible after registration.
- Please use your own hardware (laptop, tablet). Keyboard and mouse of the UB-computers can be cleaned before use (disinfectants and cloths are available at the counters).
- Lending and return of print media is possible at the lending desk.
- 3 self-check-out machines on the ground floor can be used for contactless borrowing.
- Copy machines can be used in the copy rooms on the individual floors. Please enter individually!
- Inter-library loan of books and articles is possible within the inter-library loan Corvid-19 emergency operation.
- Reminders: All dunning charges that would have been due in the period from March 9th to May 4th have been deactivated. They will be reactivated on May 18th. Please pay any outstanding fees until then. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to the regular services, the existing contactless services Digital Campus Delivery Service, Digital Semester Apparatus and Digital Campus Standards Delivery Service CaNoLi as well as e-book orders will of course continue to be offered.
- The University Library will adapt its on-site service according to the current regulations in a timely and demand-oriented manner.
- Furthermore, all planned events such as guided tours, courses, or presentations are cancelled until June 2020. We ask for your understanding.