Publication Fund for Articles
Open Access Publication Fund for Articles in OA Journals
(not applicable for the Medical Faculty)
Requirements for reimbursement of article fees:
- The applicant is the submitting/corresponding author, responsible for paying the publication fee, and member of the OVGU Magdeburg.
- The article will be published in a 'real' Open Access Journal (Golden Path), meaning all articles from this journal are available Open Access immediatly after publication. The article should be peer-reviewed according to the subject-respective criteria. The journal has to be registered in the DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals).
- Articles in principally fee-based journals according to the Open Choice model cannot be funded.
Open Accces publication fees (Article Processing Charges, APC) can be funded in full, but not administration fees, submission fees or fees for e.g. B. Licensing, color illustrations, page numbers, etc.
- If publication funds from third-party projects are available, these have to be used primarily.
- The funded publications have to include a note indicating the financing by the publication fund: „We acknowledge support for the Book Processing Charge by the Open Access Publication Fund of Magdeburg University."
Funding for APC
The publication fund will cover the payment of article processing charges (APCs) if the above stated requirements are met. In general, please apply for funding from the publication fund before submitting your article to a journal.
If your proposed publication meets the funding requirements, then send
- the signed funding application (German form)
- the publisher's invoice (indicating your name and the title of the publication)
via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding via transfer
If you have already paid the item fees, you can submit a refund request.
In that case. please send the following documents to:
Open Access Officer, University Library, Universitätsplatz 2, 39106 Magdeburg (Germany)