Publication Fund for Monographs
Rules for the reimbursement of costs for the funding year 2021:
- You are a member of the OVGU and are responsible for paying the publication fees as submitting or corresponding author.
- Only original open access monographs ("Gold Road") that undergo the quality assurance procedures that are customary in the respective discipline (peer review, scientific editing) can be funded. The publisher must be listed in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) or as a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA).
- The selected publisher offers the monograph immediately as open access under a CC license (CC BY is recommended).
- Authors who publish results from externally funded projects undertake to check whether the publication costs can be paid from the respective funds (e.g. publication lump sum of the DFG) and to use these primary.
- Publication fees can be funded up to a maximum of 7,000 EUR (incl. VAT) per monopgraph. Proportionate funding is applied if the book processing charce (BPC) is larger than 7,000 EUR.
- The publication should be made with an information that it has received funding from the OvGU publication fund.
If you have published an open access monograph with a publisher, you or your institution will first pay the invoice and submit an application for reimbursement subsequently.
Please send the following documents to:
Open-Access-Beauftragte, Universitätsbibliothek, Universitätsplatz 2, 39106 Magdeburg