Publication Fund for Monographs and Anthologies
Rules for the reimbursement of costs:
(not applicable for the Medical Faculty)
- You are a member of the OVGU and are responsible for paying the publication fees as submitting or corresponding author. (Proportional funding can be provided for anthologies with external authors.)
- Only original open access monographs ("Gold Road") that undergo the quality assurance procedures that are customary in the respective discipline (peer review, scientific editing) can be funded. The publisher must be listed in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) or as a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA).
- The selected publisher offers the monograph immediately as open access under a CC license (CC BY is recommended).
- Authors who publish results from externally funded projects undertake to check whether the publication costs can be paid from the respective funds (e.g. publication lump sum of the DFG) and to use these primary.
- Publication fees can be funded up to a maximum of 7,000 EUR (incl. VAT) per monopgraph. Proportionate funding is applied if the book processing charce (BPC) is larger than 7,000 EUR.
- The publication should include a note that it has received funding from the OVGU publication fund: „We acknowledge support for the Book Processing Charge by the Open Access Publication Fund of Magdeburg University."
Please contact us in advance. As a rule, the invoice can be settled directly from the OA publication fund or a refund will be made to the cost center of your institution.
Please send the following documents to:
Anja Matthes, Open-Access-Beauftragte, Universitätsbibliothek, Universitätsplatz 2, 39106 Magdeburg