From Monday, June 8th 2020, personal use of the former monthly carrels will again be possible in limited numbers. These carrels can now be requested for one to four weeks (using this web form). Further information can be found here.
Please note that carrel users are not entitled to immediate admission to the University Library during the restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, waiting times may occur. In this case, we ask for your understanding.
From June 8th, the University Library is open for you from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Please pay attention to the notes on the prescribed hygiene measures and service restrictions, which remain valid until further notice.
In addition to the basic desktop, two extended desktops are now available on the user PCs in the usage area (IGEL clients). With these, the SPSS and MATLAB license software can be used on 25 PCs each. Further information can be found here
A charged print and copy credit is required to use our printer and copy devices (further information here). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this credit could not be recharged.
Therefore, for the time being from May 18th to 29th, 2020 there will be a voucher sale in the University Library (on the ground floor right in front of the big staircase) for recharging the print and copy credit with the following service hours:
|Monday - Friday||9:00 - 10:00 a.m. &||1:00 - 2:00 p.m.|
Since May 11th, the cafeteria in the UB offers again take-away sales of drinks and selected food (access only via outside entrance!).
From Monday, May 25th, regular operations in the cafeteria will be resumed in accordance with the regulations and distance rules.
After being closed to the general public due to the pandemic situation (COVID-19), the University Library is reopening its doors on May 4th under compliance with the prescribed hygiene measures. Please note the following information:
- Reduced opening hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00.
- For the time being, the area can be used by a maximum of 200 users simultaneously.
- In order not to exceed the limited number of persons, entering and leaving the building will be recorded electronically by means of the user card/ID. In addition, a possible chain of infection can be traced via this registration system. In this case we are obliged to provide information to the public health department if necessary. The recorded data will be deleted after 4 weeks.
- Even if you only want to leave the library building for a short period of time (breaks), you must scan yourself with the user card. Please take your complete documents with you. Afterwards you can only scan yourself again if you observe the personal limits.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly after entering the library building.
- Please observe the relevant distance regulations (at least 1.5 meters) and the distance markings on the lending and information counters.
- It is compulsory to wear a mouth and nose mask on the way to and from your workplace in the library building. All workstations (with chairs) and carrels can be used freely, subject to the distance regulations.
- Access to group work rooms (usable for 3-6 persons depending on size) is only possible after registration.
- Please use your own hardware (laptop, tablet). Keyboard and mouse of the UB-computers can be cleaned before use (disinfectants and cloths are available at the counters).
- Lending and return of print media is possible at the lending desk.
- 3 self-check-out machines on the ground floor can be used for contactless borrowing.
- Copy machines can be used in the copy rooms on the individual floors. Please enter individually!
- Inter-library loan of books and articles is possible within the interlibrary loan Corvid-19 emergency operation.
- Reminders: All dunning charges that would have been due in the period from March 9th to May 4th have been deactivated. They will be reactivated on May 18th. Please pay any outstanding fees until then. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to the regular services, the existing contactless services Digital Campus Delivery Service, Digital Semester Apparatus and Digital Campus Standards Delivery Service CaNoLi as well as e-book orders will of course continue to be offered.
- The University Library will adapt its on-site service according to the current regulations in a timely and demand-oriented manner.
- Furthermore, all planned events such as guided tours, courses, or presentations are cancelled until June 2020. We ask for your understanding.
Since the beginning of January 2020, we have expanded our service offering by a fund for supporting open access monographs. Using this service, scientists of the OvGU can fund the publication of open access monographs and anthologies according to certain terms.
Contact person: Ian Wolff: email@example.com, +49 391-67 58561
More details under: Monograph Fund
The software of the user workstations has been updated. Besides the upgrade to Windows 10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as R with RStudio are now available for scientific work on the computers in the library. The USB interface can also be used.