Welcome to the University Library
The University Library supports students, lecturers, and researchers of the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg by providing
- A central place of learning and working with 700 working stations and 60 carrels,
- Access to over 1.2 million books and journals (printed and electronic),
- Introductions and trainings for new as well as advanced users,
- Information and professional consultations regarding patents and norms, and
- Supporting your (open science) publications.
Dear visitor, the English version of our webpage is currently redesigned.
For that reason, some information might not be available. In that case, please refer to our German webpage instead. Thank you for your understanding!
You will find current news in English below.
CARD RECHARGE FOR WASHING MACHINE USE
for the period 2020-04-07 - 2020-04-09
Accessibility of the terminal in the University Library will be provided on
Tue, Wed, Thu 10.00 - 12.00 am
- recharge your card only with banknotes (no coins): min. 5€ - max. 100€
- Recommendation: "Better charge a little more than usual"
- Only enter the foyer individually
- Entering the building only after the previous person has left
- Keep a distance of 2 meters to each other
For inquiries, please use the ONLINE CHAT CONSULTATION www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/Chat
The University Library is closed to the general public with immediate effect due to the current pandemic situation.
Since the beginning of January 2020, we have expanded our service offering by a fund for supporting open access monographs. Using this service, scientists of the OvGU can fund the publication of open access monographs and anthologies according to certain terms.
Contact person: Ian Wolff: firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 391-67 58561
More details under: Monograph Fund
The software of the user workstations has been updated. Besides the upgrade to Windows 10, Microsoft Ofiice (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as R with RStudio are now available for scientific work on the computers in the library. The USB interface can also be used.